Please Donate Now
Guide Dogs of America provides professionally trained guide dogs to blind and visually impaired men and women across the U.S. and Canada. The school does not charge guide dog recipients or their families any fees for services, which include:
- A guide dog and instruction in his or her use by professionally licensed trainers
- Travel to and from the school’s Sylmar, California campus
- Room and board at the campus for the 28-day instruction period
- A specially designed guide dog harness
- Vet care at the school’s facilities
- Follow-up care for the life of the team
Guide Dogs of America is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is able to provide this gift, the total cost of which is $42,000, thanks to generous donations. Guide Dogs of America does not receive any funding from the federal, state, or local government. Your donation will support the school's programs, including the Puppy Nursery, Kennel, and Training Department, and allow Guide Dogs of America to each year provide more than 50 blind men and women with outstanding guide dogs so that they may pursue their goals with greater mobility and independence.
Note: If your gift is not a tribute, please leave that section blank.